Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submission is Now Closed
|Abstract submission Opens||Closed|
|Submission closing date||2 August 2017|
|Notification of acceptance||9 August 2017|
|Deadline for Early Bird Registration fee||16 August 2017|
|FECCA Conference||8-10 October 2017|
Instructions for Authors
Abstract Submission Portal
Abstracts should be submitted online using the Abstract Portal. When creating your abstract, please ensure you use the abstract template. Abstracts can be submitted for oral presentations or workshops.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Abstracts will be accepted for 20 minute oral presentation plus 10 minutes of discussion time
Please review all of the guidelines and criteria regarding abstract submission prior to completing the online form. To download the Submission Guidelines document click the link below.
Workshops aim to interactively increase the knowledge of delegates and provide a forum for sharing ideas and discussing topics openly. The focus is on transferring knowledge through intensive interaction with the audience. Workshops can be 60 or 90 minutes in length, depending on the subject and relevance to the conference themes.
Please note the Committee encourages a diverse range of workshop types. They are keen to see the use of different methods of learning and interaction such as the use of innovative discussions creative arts and other unique learning opportunities.
Workshop format suggestions:
Performance/creative workshop: 60 or 90 minute sessions including audience interaction, participation and discussion.
Skills building seminar: 60 or 90 minute sessions, specifically organised to build the capacity and knowledge of conference delegates. Usually with a facilitator and 1-2 presentations and longer time for skills development and collaborative learning.
Round table: 60 or 90 minute sessions with a facilitator. They can each make a short presentation of a specific subject, which will be discussed between the panel members and audience.
If your workshop has more than one presenter please complete the full details for the facilitator and then provide the names and affiliation of the panel members.
Proposals for workshops should be structured as follows:
Objectives – Aim of workshop and intended objectives
Main messages – Proposed key messages to be addressed
Delivery Method – Eg. Performance, panel, discussion etc.
Panellists – Presenters involved in workshop
To download the workshop abstract template please use the link below.
Abstracts Submission Guidelines
Please review all of the guidelines and criteria regarding abstract submission prior to completing the online form. To download the Submission Guidelines document, click the link below.
- Abstracts should be original content and not previously presented.
- Your abstract must be submitted by the closing date, online in word format, using the abstract portal and abstract template.
- Maximum word count = 300 words including references but excluding title, authors names and addresses. Abstracts should be in Arial, 11 point font.
- Abstract to begin with:
- AUTHORS NAME(S) and AFFILIATIONS
- Eg: Women in the workplace, Dr Alia Imtoual, FECCA
- Abbreviations may be used but must be spelt out in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- All accepted abstract submissions will be published on the conference website and the FECCA 2017 website unless specific exclusion is requested (e.g. due to submission for publication elsewhere).
- First time presenters can request assistance to write an abstract. Contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review Criteria
- Relevance for the FECCA audience
- Originality in content
- Clarity of abstract and adherence with abstract guidelines
- Potential impact on conference audience
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and pay the conference registration fee. FECCA will not cover costs associated with attendance or presentation at the conference.
- Authors will be notified of the results by 9 August 2017.
If you are under 25 years old and wish to attend the Youth Day please click the link below to apply.
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors and Exhibitors:
8 – 10 October 2017
Darwin Convention Centre
Stokes Hill Road,
Darwin, NT 0800
26 July 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline
9 August 2017
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
16 August 2017
Early Bird Registration Deadline
8 October 2017